At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Forming a part of the management team of KPMG Canada’s Deal Advisory Infrastructure Practice, as Manager you will support Partners and Senior Managers in the delivery of high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients including government agencies, contractors, industry associations, developers, investors and asset managers, by bringing engineering, professional services, or construction industry expertise to the team.
What you will do:
- Support the development and growth of KPMG’s capital project advisory services, and manage the delivery of program/project delivery governance, commercial and technical advisory engagements for public and private sector infrastructure clients
- Manage a team of professionals in the coordination and delivery of engagement field work, including the preparation of proposals, deliverables, analysis and documentation, presentation to clients and engagement economics.
- Support clients with the analysis and turnaround of troubled projects, providing independent review and turnaround strategy, and litigation avoidance or claims management services, including schedule delay and cost quantum reports in engineering or construction disputes.
- Conduct commercial and technical due diligence on potential acquisition targets on behalf of clients.
- Provide commercial advisory services on large scale projects, including cost and schedule reviews, including working with project owners to develop project delivery and contract strategy options for mega-projects and programs
- Play a supporting role in business development initiatives, including presentations, client meetings, and contributing to practice development initiatives
- Identify opportunities to expand services to solve client’s complex business problems.
- Train and mentor junior staff and contribute to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team.
At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to this role:
- 6+ years of overall experience, with private sector involvement in infrastructure, having worked for large established engineering and professional services firms, or construction companies.
- 3+ years of project field experience, ideally with a contractor or large engineering or project management firm.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2+ years of management consulting experience focused on infrastructure or project advisory services
- Civil (roads, bridges, transit) project management and commercial management exposure.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, engineering, architecture, planning or similar technical degree
- Professional construction designations such as Professional Engineer or Professional Architect would be an asset
- Proven leadership skills and ability to supervise and mentor a team of managers and consultants to deliver consulting engagements.
- Business acumen, including financial literacy and ability to translate complex data and information into meaningful insights
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze contract documents, project reports, and synthesize report findings into forward looking recommendations for project performance improvement.
- Must be able to travel within Canada, United States and internationally due to our diverse client base.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way:
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected].