Manager, Private Equity
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Private Equity team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
- You will maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- You will prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and partner capital statements
- You will prepare and review limited partner and general partner allocations
- You will prepare and review trial balances and work paper product
- You will review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, and transfers
- You will prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
- You will manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- You will interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
- You will provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- You will establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- You will coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
- You will coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- You will review private equity fund client’s partnership agreements, PPMs and other materials
- You will implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- You will complete ad hoc reports as needed
- You have 4+ years’ experience in managing a team of Fund Accountants, Senior Fund Accountants and Supervisors
- You have 3-5 years of fund accounting experience in either a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Fund Administrator, or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
- You have knowledge of US/Canadian GAAP and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- You have experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- You have strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- You have strong project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; CPA an asset
- You have a strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential, experienced user of the SunGard Investran PE accounting platform highly desirable.
Your well being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.