Mosaic Transit Constructor (Mosaic)- a consortium comprised of Aecon, Dragados, and Dufferin- is
partnering with Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to design, develop and preserve the transformative
Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in the City of Toronto.
Position: MEP Coordinator
Reports to: MEP Construction Manager
Role Location: Toronto, ON
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the MEP Construction Manager, the MEP Coordinator is accountable for carrying out
technical and feasibility research studies and make sure compliance in regard of Health and Safety (prevention
program) and quality system.
- Manage and supervise Designer’s experts’ activities.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of building designs, plans and requirements.
- Make sure compliance with the budget plan of project.
- Make sure that the plans fulfill the standards, the requirement of building codes and other
- Interact with subcontractors and other members of the engineering.
- Prepare work breakdown structures, quantity launches, and requests for quotes.
- Recognize regional subcontractors and suppliers, solicit quotes, and prepare contrast sheets.
- Take part in preliminary and last cost estimates.
- Evaluate project risks and mitigation techniques.
- Determine contract file conflicts and suggest services.
- Assist the task manager and construction team when aid is required.
- Preparing all the reports, sketches (associated with the scope of work) needed to fulfill the
requirements of the agreement or according to the Ontario standards.
- Tracking of progress billing, expense reports, inventory, and amount tracking.
- Time sheet for T&M works and shipments.
- Perform all other associated tasks that will assist finish the task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electric/Mechanical Engineering or all other comparable training.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years electrical in heavy construction experience.
- Great initiative, attention to details.
- Ability to operate in a group environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written interaction skills.
- Exceptional MS Excel and MS Word abilities, AutoCAD.