Job Posting #884054
Position: Neuropsychologist / Psychologist
Status: Contract/Fee for Service
Site: Across Ontario
Department: Altum Health
UHN Altum Health – Seeking Neuropsychologist and Psychological Assessors for Auto Insurer Examinations
We are growing! Join us on the journey to achieve our vision of being leaders in new innovative, technology enabled models of care! Altum Health is seeking experienced consultants to join our roster across Ontario, to provide The Right Care. Always!
The objective of an Auto Insurer Examination is to provide objective, neutral examinations of the claimant’s entitlement to legislative benefits; sound, clear reports addressing issues identified; and best practice clinical advice regarding the management and care of injured claimants.
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in Psychology, from an accredited APA or CPA program
- Certificate of registration for a psychologist authorizing autonomous practice with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Competency in performing independent medical examinations &/or insurer examinations
- Relevant clinical experience
- 5 or more years of experience performing independent medical examinations (IME’s) &/or insurer examinations (IE’s) and preparing formal medical legal reports is preferred
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Your personal and professional skill set include the following:
- Dedication to and excitement for a collaborative interdisciplinary approach, commitment to the challenge of working with clients suffering from acute and chronic injuries and eagerness to be part of an interdisciplinary team
- Understanding the detail required for third party insurance reporting, not deterred by mandatory processes;
- Strong communication skills, both within and outside of treatment sessions and as part of an interdisciplinary team, with a respect for confidentiality requirements
- A desire for continuous growth and learning, committed to a high quality of evidence- based practice and ongoing professional development
- An innate ability to demonstrate initiative, with excellent judgement and prioritizing skills
POSTED DATE: September 14, 2021
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.