JOB POSTING# 884052
Status: Permanent Full-time or Permanent Part-time / Consultant
Site: All Altum Sites
Department: Altum Health
Reports to: Site Manager
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
At Altum Health, we believe in providing “The Right Care. Always.” by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in outcomes data collection, analysis and reporting, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
We are currently seeking Neuropsychologists to join our WSIB Neurology Specialty Program team! The program is an outpatient clinic specializing in neurological assessment for individuals who may have sustained a traumatic brain injury or other neurological injury/illness. You have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a rehabilitation team of psychometrists, behavioral therapists/registered psychotherapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, kinesiologists and surgeons. Neuropsychologists who want to contribute to a dynamic inter-professional team should apply! We have both staff and consultant opportunities across all of our sites!
With the Circle of Care mindset as a guiding principle, you eagerly participate in quality improvement activities and perform cross-functional and cross-site duties as required. You believe in the work we do together.
What You Bring To Altum Health:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology with valid registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (i.e., C.Psych.); proof of professional liability insurance
- Declared competency in the areas of Clinical Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology (adults) or Rehabilitation Psychology (adults); with no restrictions on license to practice
- Declared competence in Assessment/Evaluation/Intervention/Consultation, Teaching/Research (preferred)
- At least two years’ experience conducting assessments of individuals with acquired brain injury (ABI) and other neurological problems; knowledge of comorbid psychological factors in ABI
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and professional development
- Experience in assessment, treatment and writing professional reports for third party payors preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary setting
- Membership in OPA or CPA preferred
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED DATE: September 14, 2021
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.