Front Desk Management Positions (Yellowstone National Park Summer 2022)
Create memorable guest experiences. Join the Front Desk Management team in Yellowstone National Park!
As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone we operate 2 comfortable lodging facilities during the winter months. Guest accommodations include both cabins and hotel-style rooms that range from rustic to modern. The Front Desk is often responsible for providing the first face-to-face impression to our guests and ensure they are given accurate and in-depth information about their accommodations and the park. Learn more about the Guest Services department.
We have a Front Desk Management opening at the Old Faithful Lodge. If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: July 2022
- End Date: October 2022
- Employment Type: Seasonal, Full time
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities ($XX per two-week pay period)
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram , TikTok , and Facebook !
Assistant Front Office Manager
- The Assistant Front Office Manager has responsibility for all aspects of the Front Office and Bell operations while the Front Office Manager is not at desk
- To perform all job duties toward the goal of maximizing guest service.
- To follow and enforce all policy, procedures and service standards.
- To ensure each Guest Service Agent is properly trained to deliver efficient, effective service to Park visitors and does whatever it takes to ensure that guests are satisfied with their stay.
- To resolve guest relation problems skillfully with willingness and desire to understand a guest’s viewpoint and make any necessary billing adjustments so that the guest is satisfied when they leave.
- To help in the development of all Front Office personnel throughout the season.
- To regulate shift coverage for optimum effectiveness by scheduling staff according to business levels and labor standards.
- To provide constructive feedback to staff and prepare employee HIGs and documentation.
- To assist in administering employee incentive programs, and motivate staff.
- To control the inventory of Front Office supplies and forms.
- To provide managers on location with a weekly occupancy forecast to enable them to plan staffing and supply needs for the following week in the absence of the FOM.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Human relations skills. Must be a “people-person” who thrives on public contact.
- Strong communication skills.
- General/Basic computer skills.
- Sales skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instruction accurately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and move through them in an efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with diverse peoples and help resolve any issues.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.