Share your passion for providing ‘Legendary Hospitality’. Join the Hospitality team in Yellowstone National Park!
As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone, we operate 9 comfortable lodging facilities offering over 2,000 guest rooms spread out over 6 locations. Guest accommodations include both cabins and hotel-style rooms that range from rustic to modern. Each of these operations functions at high volume levels in order to accommodate the millions of visitors the park sees annually. Learn more about the Housekeeping department.
Position Type: Seasonal, Full-time
Season Dates: July 2022-November 2022
Schedule: 40 hours, 5 days/per week. May include weekends, evenings and holidays.
Location: Old Faithful Lodge
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities included. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets or families in our dorm-style housing.
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner included
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Click here for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram , TikTok , and Facebook !
- To perform all duties towards the goal of maximizing guest service while meeting or exceeding financial goals.and sustain a positive work environment; promote a sense of pride and teamwork with the staff.
- Provide an attractive and clean facility for guest rooms and all public areas, including offices, linen closets, and supply closets, and other areas designated to be maintained by the Lodging Department; ensure they are maintained to the standard as trained.
- Resolve guest problems skillfully with a willingness and desire to understand a guest’s viewpoint and to take necessary steps so that the guest is satisfied when they leave.
- Assure dress, appearance, and conduct policies established by Xanterra and the Lodging Department are followed and enforced.
- Develop the Assistant Housekeeping Manager(s) through leading by example, training, and constructive feedback.
- Provide the Assistant Housekeeping Manager(s) with midseason and final evaluations.
- With the assistance of the Assistant Housekeeping Manager(s) develop, coach, and motivate the Housekeeping staff.
- With the Assistant Manager(s) provide timely and accurate mid-season and final How’s It Going (HIGs) to Housekeeping Staff. Solicit feedback from the supervisors: Rooms Inspectors, Lead Porter, Lead LTD, and at Canyon the Area Managers.
- Help to train and manage the Housekeeping Office Assistant.
- Supervise staff and monitor the progress of housekeeping employees each day: cleaning to standards, finishing in a timely manner, comfortable with their job, etc.
- Assist in the Training of new employees, especially during the spring opening phase. This will include Room Attendants, Inspectors, Porters, Linen Truck Drivers, and Office Assistants.
- With the Assistant Manager(s) and Lodging Training Office plan and participate in one-on-one training for staff members who are not performing to standard.
- Ensure all DOT drivers are in compliance with paperwork and road tests prior to driving.
- Supervise the Rooms Inspector staff with the Assistant, daily morning meetings, making inspections together, and identifying and providing challenges for those with managerial potential. Canyon Housekeeping Manager would supervise the Area Housekeeping Managers in the same way.
- Effective interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Effective business communication skills.
- General office skills, including phone etiquette and basic accounting skills.
- Effective typing/writing skills.
- Capable of self-supervision.
- Effective teaching skills.
- Knowledge of Company and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Housekeeping computer programs; MS Outlook, LMS, FoodTrak, Kronos, etc.
- Knowledge of products used and chemical safety relating to Housekeeping.
- Knowledge of vacuum maintenance and general safety practices.
- Ability to make prompt, realistic, and fair decisions.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective interaction skills for supervision.
- Knowledge of Housekeeping operations.
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds as needed throughout the day.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies and linens sporadically throughout the day.
- Making beds, bending, kneeling, stretching, and reaching as needed.
- Standing for long periods of time, frequent walking up and down stairs, as well as in outdoor areas sporadically throughout the day.
- Pushing a hotel or cabin cart between 50-75 pounds as needed.
- Working with required chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status .