The Location Manager and Assistant Location Manager manages all aspects of places in Yellowstone National Park consisting of operations, workers and visitor satisfaction. Our Operations Management positions are similar to Assistant Hotel Manager, Hotel Manager, Hotel Assistant General Manager, Hotel General Manager positions.This position manages their assigned residential or commercial properties looks, operating costs and day-to-day operation. Leads and directs others to guarantee success.
We have Operations Management openings offered for the 2022 season. Preferably, you will be offered to work a complete season (April through October ). If living, working, and checking out in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and interesting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2022
- Employment Type: Seasonal (April-October)
- Schedule: Varies– 40+ hours each week
Perks & & Benefits
- In-park real estate supplied consisting of Wi-Fi (minimal bandwidth), laundry, and all energies. Regrettably, we can not accommodate family pets or families in our dorm-style real estate.
- All meals offered including breakfast, lunch, and supper
- No Wyoming state taxes subtracted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (sports, equipment rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets employed
Click on this link for more benefits
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are an inviting neighborhood who strive, share a genuine passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting remarkable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are happy stewards of the park.
Candidates will receive a complete job description if offered a position.
Applicants are assigned jobs based on their level of experience. Please make sure you list all pertinent experience on your application!
- Accountable for maximizing sales at the area and managing expenses at all operating departments, with the objective of conference or exceeding allocated profits while preserving expenses at budgeted levels.
- Constant tracking of product, service, and customer service mindset in all departments on location. Consistent awareness of the appearance of both staff members and property; guarantee outstanding quality of products in all outlets– product quality ought to constantly satisfy standards figured out by Xanterra Parks and Resorts. Guarantee that requirements of service are
- Work carefully with all support personnel and department supervisors to additional develop specific management capabilities with the goal of constant accomplishment of department monetary and guest service goals.
- Immediate follow-up on all deficiencies noted on National Park Service Evaluations. Location Managers will be expected to stroll their area with the National Park Service during their residential or commercial properties official examination. Following the formal evaluation, Location Managers are to deal with their Regional Manager and Maintenance Manager to assign and ensure
- React favorably and empathetically to all guest problems with the goal of resolving the issue to the complete satisfaction of both the visitor and the Company prior to the departure of the visitor.
- Make sure that precise sales, payroll, and labor basic figures are reported to the Manager, Operations, the Manager, Operations, Old Faithful Area, and the Executive Director on a daily, weekly, and period end basis.
- Review weekly forecasts with all departments, review costed schedules based upon forecasted service volumes, and make proper staffing changes needed to preserve allocated labor to sales portions for each department. Conduct daily and weekly audits of labor records to verify provided schedules match hours worked in each department.
- Evaluation weekly work schedules with all managers in relation to forecasts, staffing guides, customer service needs/sacred hours, and equity among workers to make sure consistency, fairness, and meeting proper allocated guidelines and percentages.
- Helps with weekly location department supervisor meetings
- Guarantees that proper lost and found treatments are followed by all personnel at the place
- Implement all Company policies, procedures, and Core Values as determined by Xanterra Parks and Resorts.
- Constant assessment of safety issues throughout all departments. Continuously examine procedures and/or physical locations for potential threats in which the Company might eventually be accountable. Screen, with the assistance of the Assistant Location Manager/Safety Lead, all aspects of Company fire/safety training programs to minimize accidents to both employe
- Work carefully with the Human Resources Department and place Personnel Manager to make sure worker complete satisfaction and esteem is managed. Guarantee that all staff member grievances, despite the concern, are turned over to the Personnel Manager and/or Human Resources Department right away.
- Oversee management of all Category I staff member real estate
- Supply written assessments of all Category I managers, with input and feedback from Support Departments, twice during each running season
- Hotel Location Managers and Assistant Location Managers will be needed to be “on call” for night and nighttime protection of their locations. Throughout these times, Location Management will be needed to respond to all guest issues, and in the absence of on call Personnel Management, respond to any staff member problems in Company housing.
- Preserve a daily supervisor’s log of all occasions taking place on area. Entries into the supervisor’s log are to be expert and represent an unbiased view of all staff member and guest concerns that have actually happened during the course of the operating season. At the end of the season, the Location Manager is to provide this log to the Executive Director
- This position will be anticipated to work a variety of hours including mornings, days, nights, nights (night shift are possible), weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Any other tasks as designated by the Manager, Operations, the Manager, Operations, Old Faithful Area, Executive Director, Operations, and/or the General Manager
Qualifications consist of however are not limited to:
- Business Management or Hospitality Degree or 3-5 years equivalent experience
- Strong interaction abilities
- Strong individuals skills
- Motivational, organizational, and time management abilities
- Understanding of Company policies and procedures
- Understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to evaluate and examine monetary documents
- Ownership of legitimate motorist’s license preferred however not needed