Reporting to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor, the Operator is responsible for monitoring the system which includes observing pressure, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors. Ensures that product is moved through the facility at the appropriate times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for operation of the plant in the absence of the Shift Supervisor and/or Process Supervisor.
- Monitors system which includes:
- Observing pressure, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors.
- Turning valves and adjusting controls to ensure the safe operation of the equipment.
- Observing sterilizers and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and assisting with repairs as needed.
- Documenting and recording process readings.
- Reports any damaged product to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor.
- Reports system problems to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
- Performs some daily and weekly equipment preventative maintenance tasks and may assist Maintenance as required.
- Stores and removes chemicals used in processing in accordance with established procedures and laws.
- Participates on plant safety committees and follows all established safety rules and regulations.
- Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Oversees the work of Process Assistant Operators.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of experience working in a sterilization environment desired.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Must be willing to work established shifts.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time.
- Must have forklift driving experience.
- Computer skills desired.
- Must be medically approved for respirator use.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to high temperatures and high humidity (120F and 60% RH for 20 minutes) (EO)
TRAINING REQUIRED: Must complete all required training for a Process Operator/Assistant in the EO Training Manual. Must complete all required safety training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Sterigenics U.S. LLC takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor