Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, Process Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor or Logistics Coordinator, the Operator Trainee will help in keeping an eye on the system that includes observing pressure, temperature level and relative humidity measurements on charts, computer system screens and recorders and makes sure that item is moved through the center at the appropriate times.
Please note we are hiring for our Toronto and Mississauga centers for both full-time and contract positions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist observing pressures, temperature and relative humidity measAurements on charts or computer system monitors (EO).
- Observing sterilizers, irradiators and auxiliary systems to identify malfunctions and assisting with repairs as needed.
- Recording and taping process readings.
- Performs a count and assessment of item and keeps in mind the results on the suitable type.
- Ensures that item is moved through the facility at appropriate times.
- Reports any broken product to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor.
- Reports system problems to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
- Performs some everyday and weekly equipment preventative maintenance jobs and may help Maintenance as required.
- Stores and gets rid of chemicals utilized in processing in accordance with established procedures and laws.
- Using a forklift to transfer item to staging locations in an orderly and safe way.
- Places/removes dosimeters (Gamma/e-Beam) or biological indicators (EO) as defined
- Verifies product loading diagrams (Gamma) or cycle spec agreements (EO).
- Must recognize with and follow all appropriate security and regulative requirements.
- Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & & SKILL REQUIRED:
- High School, Trade School, College Diploma or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Should have the ability to check out, compose and speak fluent English.
- Need to be willing to work established shifts.
- Need to have the ability to include, subtract, multiply and divide in all systems of step using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Should be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform recurring bending and raising movements over a period of time.
- Should have forklift driving experience.
- Computer system skills preferred.
- Must successfully complete Operator accreditation within the first eighteen months of work.
- Should be clinically approved for respirator usage (EO).
- Should be able to tolerate direct exposure to high temperatures and high humidity (120F and 60% RH for 20 minutes) (EO).
TRAINING REQUIRED: Must complete all needed training for a “Material Handler” or “Assistant Operator” described in the training manual.