The Mechanical Systems Technicianis a full-time, year-round position located in Yellowstone National Park and based out of the workplaces in Mammoth Hot Springs. This position reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance and Operations Manager. This position is accountable for the proper operation, repair and maintenance of all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems in Xanterra-operated centers consisting of associated Building Automation Systems (BAS). If you have a passion for nature and want to be a part of a fantastic Engineering Team, this might be an excellent chance for you!
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Set up: ~ 40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Mammoth location of Yellowstone National Park
- Real estate: Housing is not guaranteed for this position; employee might need to protect housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
The Must Haves
- Valid Driver’s License and a tidy driving record
- Need to be at least 21 years of ages
- Should be capable and going to take part in the company’s breathing protection program.
- Health care advantages
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discount rates
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming neighborhood who strive, share a genuine passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the main authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, have a look at our website.
- Develop and offer HVAC and BAS operating, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance training for location maintenance workers.
- Assist in the advancement, routine evaluation and constant improvement of HVAC and BAS System Planned Maintenance (PM) procedures.
- Coordinate with area maintenance Storekeepers and the Repair/Maintenance Purchasing Agent to make sure appropriate inventory levels of HVAC and BAS parts and supplies are established and preserved.
- Ensure HVAC and BAS setups, repair work and replacements accomplished by Xanterra staff or electrical professionals fulfill suitable codes and practical requirements.
- Provide the physical and technical skills essential for diagnostic, maintenance, repair and replacement of building HVAC and BAS systems throughout Xanterra-operated centers associated with YNP.
- Document repair parts and inventory use, labor & & materials expended and possession management actions in the business’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provide assistance and oversight of the cyclic opening and closing of buildings, particularly the correct start-up, shut-down and lay-up of building HVAC systems.
- Represent the Engineering Department as our HVAC and BAS technical specialist in transactions with vendors, specialists, engineers, the National Park Service, in addition to with internal Xanterra Operations Department clients.
- Help with the internal evaluation, comment and evaluation of HVAC and BAS designs, propositions and setups.
- Assist with the recruitment, interview, choice process and technical support for location Mechanical Technicians.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient in the operation, fixing and repair of HVAC systems to consist of but not restricted to: Steam heat systems, steam traps, hydronic heat systems, radiators, heat exchangers, evaporative cooling, chillers, VFDs, thermal load estimation, airflow calculation, combustion analysis, motor and fan alignment, pump sizing.
- Proficient in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of BAS/BMS systems to consist of however not restricted to: alarm management, user administration, control circuit troubleshooting, network troubleshooting, sequence verification, safety codes as they connect to devices operation.
- Competent in making use of tools, products and diagnostic devices common to the HVAC and BAS trades.
- Have a working understanding of applicable codes and OSHA policies.
- Skilled in using software consisting of: Microsoft Office, Johnson Control’s Metasys, ATS Compass, Automated Logic WebCTRL and show the ability to rapidly develop efficiency in business and department-specific software.
- Possess the social abilities needed to work together and effectively interact with staff and management from other departments, the National Park Service, specialists and YNP visitors.
- Be capable of walking cross countries over irregular surface and climbing up stairs and ladders in all types of climate condition and capable of lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the physical stamina and conditioning required to work in an outdoors, high-altitude environment, in restricted areas, at height, and or in mechanical space areas where high levels of sound and heat might exist.
- Can standing, bending, kneeling and crawling.
- Need to be able and happy to drive a service lorry through wilderness locations between industrialized locations of the Park in variable driving conditions.
- Should be able and willing to react to after-hours and off-shift service demands.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All certified applicants will get factor to consider for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationwide origin, special needs or veteran status