Who We Are…
We are a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
We are a team that prides ourselves in local collaborations with farms and producers. Food first and focused on delivering seasonal influenced and innovative dishes in fast paced environment without scarifying quality results.
At Soho House a Porter is responsible for supporting the overall operation by organizing and cleaning dishes in the kitchen such as pots, pans, silverware, dishware, glassware, and kitchen equipment. Porters maintain the cleanliness and order in the kitchen as well as maintaining the dishes in the correct storage area.
A successful Porter will proactively complete and tasks like; discarding rubbish as needed throughout the shift, operating industrial cleaning equipment such as the dishwasher, and occasionally support the Chef on Duty.
- Rinse, clean, organize, stock and maintain proper amount of pots, pans, silverware, dishware and glassware to support daily operations and business volumes
- Adhere to health and safety policy as well as implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Follow checklists and standard operating procedures
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area
- Attend all mandatory trainings and meetings as required
- Operate industrial cleaning machine
- Dispose rubbish, mop area, organize dirty / clean dishware, glassware and silverware
- Limit breakage, practice proper handling and look after inventory for the daily operation to prevent loss
- Be flexible on whatever duties or tasks you are asked to perform
- Be available to help and collaborate with other stations if requested or needed
- Minimum of 1+ years of consistent work experience
- Ability to focus, organize and prioritize in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Ability to work fast and efficiently while maintaining company standards
- Ability to react quickly when faced with unusual scenarios.
- Must have open and flexible availability to work night, weekends and holidays as needed
- Positive and influential member of the team
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to make periodical fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the property to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, cleaning, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
We have the perks…
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care Benefits: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day’s + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training’s and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.