Mani Wonders Inc. is an emerging product design brand paving a niche in the fashion technology space. The precision engineered lifestyle products are designed in Toronto and are manufactured and distributed worldwide. At Mani Wonders Inc., we believe in making products that bring simplicity and inspiration to your everyday life.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electronics Engineering Intern to join our Toronto team. The interns will provide support to design, engineering, prototyping and validation activities for all hardware product lines.
- As a member of a start-up design team, you will help to create the next generation of Mani Wonders consumer products. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define user experience. You will work closely with many different cross-functional teams including Prototyping, Manufacturing, Packaging, Electrical Engineering, and Marketing.
- Ability to work in team-based environment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques
- Knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
- Prior experience in product design (preferably consumer electronics)
- Experience with component modules (LCD assemblies, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and their interconnect (FPC design and ACF bonding)
- Ability in plastic and metal part design
- 3-D CAD skills: SolidWorks fluency
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing
- Handheld, portable and/or hardware experience
- Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures
- Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver)
Interested candidates are welcome to submit resume/CV to [email protected]