About Conagra Brands
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies with an established presence in Canada. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team in Richmond, British Columbia that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic and emerging brands like Gardein™ (made in Richmond, British Columbia), Healthy Choice®, Hunt’s®, Aylmer®, Snack Pack®, Orville Redenbacher’s®, Chef Boyardee® and Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®.
Our Canadian manufacturing facilities are in Richmond, British Columbia, Boisbriand, Quebec, and Dresden, Ontario. We also have Canadian offices in Mississauga, Ontario and Boisbriand, Quebec.
Conagra is proud to have the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in food. To find your next job in Canada, visit https://careers.conagrabrands.ca/. For more information about our Gardein™ plant-based food products in Canada, visit https://gardein.ca/
The Production Associate plays a key role in achieving Company objectives by safely carrying out packaging, line inspecting, and other production related duties. A Production Associate is required to assist the Lead Hand and Assistant Lead Hand with the set up and changeover of the packaging machines. A Production Associate is responsible for following a schedule and ensuring products and packaging meet Company standards while minimizing waste. The Production Associate reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Setting up, operating, and shutting down machines
- Work with the team during changeover of equipment
- Ensuring quality of food meets Company standards by checking temperature, inspecting size and shape, arranging product as it goes through fryer, and communicating with other departments
- Regularly dispose waste, clean bins, replenish consumables around the plant, and maintain clean work areas around the plant
- Gathering, weighing, mixing, and preparing ingredients while minimizing waste
- Maintaining a clean working environment, including cleaning the floor, washing and drying, and returning bins and buckets
- Scan labels, verify labels, printing labels, preparing bags and bins, and changing ingredients and other raw materials
- Transferring full bags of material (including raw material, intermediate material, and final products), including using a pallet jack
- Ensuring quality of products meet Company standards by:
- Performing line checks
- Preparing production reports
- Recognize lot number used and reporting material issues (including any specification deviations)
- Monitoring and recording foreign objects
- Informing supervisors and team members in other departments of problems with product
- Making blends accurately according to the provided recipe
- Return unused material back to inventory
- Adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as those set out by WorkSafeBC, and abiding by food sanitation standards
- Working in various production areas as necessary
- Doing Paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available for day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) required
- Cold environment
- Standing and walking for long period of time (approximately 8 hours a day)
- Frequently bending, stooping, crouching, and twisting while transferring product
- Operating mobile equipment
- Exposure to some job-related hazards, including but not limited to: hot oil, moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery, forklifts, slippery floors, climbing ladders and stairs, and heavy objects
- Exposure to some job-related hazards, including but not limited to: moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery, slippery floors, and heavy objects
- Maneuvering heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 25kg and pushing and pulling of ingredients/products (up to 900kg ) on wheels/pallet jacks multiple times a day
- Often working alone with little supervision and maintaining a positive and respectful workplace
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in physically demanding jobs is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Power Pallet Jack certification is an asset
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction while working with a team and maintaining a positive and respectful workplace
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use arithmetic to perform production related calculations
- Be able to be on the feet for long period of time (approximately 8 hours a day)
- Self motivated. Ability to self direct.
- Capable of working efficiently.
- 1:30PM – 10:00PM
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following:
- Health: Company paid Health & Dental Benefits, Accident and Disability insurance, Health Spending account and Wellness Spending Account
- Wealth: Great compensation, Wealth Accumulation Program
- Growth: Onsite training, individual development plans for employees
- Balance: Paid-time off, Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) , Best Doctors referral service
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor.
Email applications must include “Production_PM22-01” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining Conagra Brands. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.09 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you able to carry up to 25kg of goods?
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- industrial / food processing: 1 year (preferred)
- Pallet Jack (preferred)