We currently have a Temporary Full-Time (Until approx. March 1, 2023) opportunity for a Project Leader 2/Clinical Analyst in the Information Services at our Bayview Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, 8hrs; As per schedule
Summary of Duties
This position is a clinical analyst position within the Sunnycare Project, a diverse team creating software solutions for a large, complex hospital environment on a variety of platforms. Our environment is fast paced, exiting and above all, fun! The primary responsibility of the clinical analyst includes delivery of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) covering the analysis of the current and future clinical workflows, the software design, testing and implementation for the Sunnycare application following User Centre Design principles. This includes all areas of SunnyCare: Order Sets, Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE), Results Inbox, Documentation and future major and minor software enhancements. This position requires contact with clinicians, managers, project teams, developers, system administrators, technical services and other IS staff.
Reporting to the Information Services Project Director for SunnyCare, the successful applicant will be required to perform the following functions:
- Understand and document current clinical and patient workflows and redesign as needed
- Work closely and assist User Centre Design specialists and developers with wireframes and prototype design
- Act as liaison between user departments and Information systems
- Document software functional requirements for users based on project scope, wireframes/prototypes, analysis and system and database design
- Define and document software design specifications for developers based on wireframes/prototypes, analysis and system and database design; Keep specifications current
- Determine hardware and software requirements and costs, as needed
- Identify and define system inter-dependencies (i.e FHIR, HL7 interfaces, Web Services)
- Complete Privacy Impact Assessments where required any other miscellaneous certification requirements
- Work closely with developers to ensure delivery of requirements
- Clarify requirements and design as needed
- Develop Test Plans where required and test scripts. Maintain test scripts.
- Execute test plans and scripts and document results for all phases of testing
- Tracking and resolution of design and testing issues to complete successful test exit reports
- Provide support for user acceptance testing
- Complete test exit report and approvals
- Confirm user training required
- Prepare training content, “Train the Trainers” and other training/communication material as required
- Monitor application activity and performance after implementation
- Provide training and user support during implementation
- Provide post-implementation enhancements or resolutions
- Provide knowledge transfer for ongoing support
- Provide customer support pre and post projects
- Maintain related project and application design, testing and training documentation
Project management and administration
- Create detailed project plans outlining the detailed activities, resources, constraints
- Prepare individual status reports and project status reports where required
- Adhere to project and change control procedures to manage project scope and SDLC requirements for documentation, delivery, review and approvals
- Co-ordinate and track the efforts of working groups, committees, development team and vendors. Work to keep projects on track so that they are completed within the agreed time parameters
- Identify, resolve or escalate issues as raised with team members, users, and vendors
- Adhoc analysis, design, development, QA, Implementation and support as required
- Degree or Diploma in Health Informatics (preferred), Computer Science or a combination of education an experience will be considered
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in implementation and/or support of clinical information systems in a hospital setting
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks projects with tight timeframes, strict budgets and diverse stakeholder groups
- Superior problem identification, analysis and resolution skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 211063 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.