As the job title suggests, this is a challenging role that blends the higher-level strategy of account direction with the detailed problem solving of day-to-day project management. Reconciling/managing the conflict between these two parts of your job will be key to your success.
What will you be doing, specifically?
- Preparing quotes, briefs, estimates, proposals, schedules and invoices
- Participating in client and internal meetings and presentations
- Delegating tasks to a team of design, web and print production specialists
- Obtaining approvals and sign-offs both internally and from clients
- Communicating project objectives and scope to design, development and production teams
- Facilitating decisions and encouraging co-operation in a fast-paced environment
What experience, special skills and personal traits do you absolutely need?
- Minimum 5 years managing online and print projects in a busy agency environment
- Must have experience with projects in an agency setting across our main practice areas (stakeholder communications, brand and collateral development)
- Proficiency organizing and orchestrating complex projects
- Ability to juggle multiple (and competing) clients, projects and priorities
- A sense of humour, collegial approach and passion for client service
Ours is an engaged and creative team of approximately 35 professionals who are dedicated to teamwork and collaboration. We’re project-focused and deadline-driven – so some days may be longer than others. But even when it’s busy, we make time for team activities (whether virtual or in person), rooftop barbecues and other celebratory get-togethers.
Works Design is currently working remotely due to COVID-19, but we are looking forward to being together again in studio using a hybrid approach to operating in the future.
If you join us, you’ll need to be okay with dogs: we are a dog-friendly studio. They’re all harmless, but some of them are big.