Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors.
We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients. We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of Project Manager to join our dynamic team for our client, one of the major banks.
Typical Day in Role:
- Champions the project’s vision: Ensure the program’s vision and objectives are clearly understood by the project team and applied throughout the project
- Oversee and support workstream leads (if applicable) and PMs across the integrated project plan to ensure successful delivery on time and on budget, achieving the project’s objectives
- Ensure inter-workstream (cross-functional) dependencies and considerations are identified and appropriately managed or planned for; establishes project milestones
- Own integrated project plan, status reporting, and issue and risk management for the integrated project (identify, document, support/develop resolutions and mitigations), and appropriately communicate same to program leadership within the documented governance structure, reporting process and escalation protocol.
- First point of escalation for project Risks and Issues; Own the process of escalating to the program team decisions concerning business readiness requirements and solution development
- Interface between representatives from the multi-disciplinary teams on the project (IT, Legal, Business, Compliance, etc.)
- Chairs Project Status meetings; supports Work Stream meetings as required; schedules meetings as necessary
- Provides oversight on project budget, ensuring invoices are tracked and paid appropriately
- Ensures all project artifacts are clearly documented to meet audit, project governance requirements and ensures organization of project folders for ease of reference
- Prepares/ensures completion of monthly executive dashboard updates for all assigned projects
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1)10+ years’ Project Management experience within the banking industry, with demonstrated experience of managing complex projects
2) Technical background in Data Scanning within project management to understand Data Sensitivity Scanning and Data Intelligence Cloud – need to have
3) 10+ years’ experience in delivering large scale projects on a global basis, from vision setting to delivery and sustainment
4) Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite – MS Project, Teams, Excel etc.
1) Project management experience preferably within an IT environment
2) Agile, Visio, Power BI
3) Strong knowledge of the Bank, or FIs is preferred
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent organizational skills/relationship management/communicator/problem solving
- Must be proactive, self-Starter and capable of learning new ways of doing things
- Capable of moving forward through complex situations, prioritizing
Post-secondary required – in field of business, computer science preferred
Certification in project management (PMP) an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest and referral. However, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: $80.00-$100.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Project Management: 10 years (required)
- banking industry: 10 years (required)
- Data Scanning: 3 years (required)
- large scale projects on a global basis: 10 years (required)
- IT environment: 1 year (required)
- Agile, Visio, Power BI: 1 year (required)