About Build With Assembly
We’re an organization driven to give people time back in their day. We do this by solving challenges people experience in their lives that can be made easier with technology. We’re Assembly, we help visionary leaders build platforms customers rely on and businesses thrive on.
We partner with our clients to help them adopt the cloud and build the technology assets needed to transform their business, whether that be new custom software development, cloud migrations, or application modernization of existing, legacy systems.
We’re a high-performing entrepreneurial team with nearly two decades of experience helping enterprise organizations, including Honda, Acura, Brookfield, Canon, and many more continuously evolve their tech to meet their business goals.
We’re honored to have an unmatchable team of practitioners that have helped us rise to the ranks of being on the Profit 500, Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, Best Workplaces in Technology, and Best Workplaces in Canada (Top 50).
The Quality Assurance Analyst contributes to all phases of Testing Lifecycle through the analysis, design, execution, and maintenance of software test suites. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, ranging from new and existing front-end web-based (mobile and desktop) applications to back-end API testing. You will work closely with the Product Engineering, Product and Project Management teams to create test cases, execute test suites, and over time potentially create automated test cases for web and mobile applications.
- Participation and/or review of documentation and/or test results in all QA test phases such as requirements validation, unit, integration, functional, and regression testing.
- Create manual and potentially automated tests and execute tests for software and systems.
- Execute test plans and scripts / cases that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Participate and collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and activities.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and team members.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Analyze formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Prepare and / or Create AODA (Accessibility) reports at end of test cycles as required.
- Assist with preparation of required QA artifacts including, but not limited to, master test strategy and plan, functional test plan, QA acceptance plan/sign off, defect tracking report.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Participate in daily standups, sprint planning, and project retrospectives.
- Contribute to innovation and cultivate a positive and supportive team.
- Stay up to date with current best practices and emerging technologies.
- Participate and contribute to company culture.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role
- Experience with web/mobile application testing (browser compatibility, responsive testing, etc.)
- Experience testing in Window OS, Mac OS, Mobile OS (Android, iOS), etc.
- Good understanding of the quality assurance discipline, the defect lifecycle management processes, and the software commonly used for test planning and defect tracking (ideally Jira or another tool like Bugzilla, etc.)
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, services and platforms
- Good knowledge of structured test methods and processes, and writing test cases and test scenarios
- Experience in developing test plans, writing test scripts, developing use cases, governing quality standards, vetting and guiding requirements/acceptance criteria, and assisting business users through user acceptance test processes.
- Experience and knowledge of software quality tools (ie. test case management, project planning, defect management)
- Experience with testing APIs using tools such as Postman
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle Methodology
- Familiarity with concepts related to design principles, content, navigation, usability, behavioural analytics tagging, accessibility, SEO, localization/ multi-lingual and personalization considerations
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, processes and tools (e.g. IaC, CI/CD and orchestration)
- Experience with Test Automation (Nice to have)
- Experienced in working in Agile environment (is ideal)
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Ability to communicate ideas both technically and non-technically.
- Clear, concise and articulate. Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to various levels of stakeholder.
- Results oriented, critical thinker, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Highly collaborative and dynamic
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and projects assigned with minimal supervision
- Proactive in raising potential risks/concerns
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
Ultimately, if you are looking for a challenging role that will expand your skills and expose you to leading edge web technologies, this is the position for you. This is an amazing opportunity that allows you to have a fulfilling career in QA for the long term.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- DPSP / RRSP matching program.
- 100% remote environment with a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Your choice of awesome top of the line office hardware.
- Opportunity for career progression along our career journey program.
- Epic company events & socials, both virtual and in-person.
- Flex hours and half day Fridays before every long weekend throughout the year.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.