Real Estate Analyst, Full Time
Do you want to have a meaningful impact in a growing company ? If so,
We invite you to join our expanding team! We are giving self-driven,
energetic, and hard-working individuals a chance to get involved with
the leader in one of the country’s fastest growing industries. You can
join our growing team, as we are currently filling a Real Estate Analyst
At Canadian Storage Investment Trust (CSIT) we owe much of our
success to the amazing people that make up our team. We pride
ourselves on taking the time to find the right people to represent our
company, providing great support and ongoing mentoring. We keep
our professional family excited to keep growing and mastering new
skills to be more successful in and outside of their career.
CSIT is a privately held, Toronto based, owner, developer, manager, and
operator of self-storage facilities. We provide an outstanding industry
experience to our clients and are at the leading edge of exciting
changes in the storage industry. We operate under the name XYZ
Storage (www.xyzstorage.com), and we have just undergone an
exciting rebrand. Our business is growing, and we are actively pursuing
acquisition opportunities as well as paving the way during a
transformational period in the storage industry with innovations and
new ideas at our existing facilities.
We are excited for you! You will get to touch all aspects of our growing
and changing business. Our organization is very flat, and you will get to
be part of the small (creating investment briefs / slide packages), to
medium (learning about and contributing to the development and
construction processes ) to large (being in the “war room” as we nail
down acquisition operations strategies). Our commitment is to
expose you to all aspects of our business, in exchange for which we
expect a great attitude and hard work.
What will you do?
- Financial analysis and underwriting of commercial real estate
- Market overview and analysis for potential new markets for both
industrial and self-storage.
- Develop Corporate Financial and Marketing Materials.
- Work with the other team members to enhance the profitability of
current and future projects.
- Carry out assorted tasks to help the finance, accounting, real
estate and marketing teams integrate budgets, forecasts and
- Accurate and timely documentation.
- Meet/Exceed targets set out by management.
- Attend meetings with brokers and other 3 rd party advisors.
- Other activities which may arise from time to time and that are
commensurate with your employment grade and title.
You are clearly as awesome as we are! You like to have fun, and get
Some things that we are looking for:
- University degree, preferably in Real Estate, Economics, Finance or
a related business field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience is preferred, this could include
internship or co-op opportunities as well.
- Basic skills in creating and analyzing financial models.
- Ability to interpret and apply analytical findings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential –
written, verbal, and oral presentation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful.
- Professional, high energy individual with the aptitude to learn new
concepts and software.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with a
high sense of curiosity and autonomy.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license preferred with the ability to work flexible
hours and travel locally for site inspections.
What we offer:
At CSIT, we offer industry leading compensation equal to or greater
than roles in similar industries. Additionally, XYZ Storage has an
exceptional benefits program for which we cover 100% of the premiums
for our employees and their families. We also provide a RRSP Savings
and matching program and performance based bonuses into the
Other great perks include:
- Paid courses
- Paid personal days
- Milestone Appreciation Awards and Gifts
- Career Path
- Paid Training
- Birthday Recognition and Gifts
Additional relevant information:
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
If you think this sounds like the career you have been looking for, please
send us a cover letter and resume that demonstrates why you are the
CSIT embraces and promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance in our
workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we
select applicants on the basis of their qualifications. We encourage
applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably
accommodate individuals with accessibility needs. Candidates
requiring accommodation during the recruitment process should let
the HR team know once contacted.