Two posts available, one in New York or Edinburgh and the other in California
Open-ended contracts, 35 hours per week
Retirement plan including highly competitive (22.5%) employer contributions
Highly flexible home-based work environment with regular travel to Edinburgh and within the U.S.
We are looking for ambitious fundraisers with a flair for relationship management, to represent and fundraise for the University of Edinburgh in North America. One role, focused on the west coast, will be based in California and the other, focused on the east coast, will be based in either New York or Edinburgh.
Raise big gifts and drive real change at a world top-15 University in an international, public-facing role. Work directly with diverse, interesting, and passionate people across our University community, but most of all with major donors – senior alumni, philanthropists, and grantmakers – in the USA and Canada.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- The ability to quickly build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- The confidence and professionalism to represent the University to donors with enthusiasm and clarity
- The ability and inclination to ask people and organisations for a major gift
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, honed through fundraising, marketing, or relationship management experience
- Integrity, discretion and professionalism in your dealings with all stakeholders
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.