June 15, 2022 GROVES MEMORIAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
POSTING # 2022-153
(REGULAR PART TIME)
One ( 1 ) routine part-time Switchboard/Registration Clerk position is offered within the Switchboard/Registration department at Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
This position is unionized with UNIFOR, Local 1106.
- Act as primary interaction center answering incoming calls and rerouting to appropriate departments, overhead pages, emergency situation codes, and reference to on-call schedules
- Using the health center information system, following registration standards, register clients with present legitimate details for each check out
- Accountable for comprehending downtime treatments for phone system, health center details system, paging, and any other electronic systems kept by the department, including emergency situation codes
- Manage contacts in an expert way understanding the client is very first and foremost
- Privacy of all information is a requirement of work along with compliance with the Privacy Act, medical facility and departmental policies and procedures including compliance with Pledge of Confidentiality which requires personnel to maintain confidentiality even after work ceases
- Other tasks as designated: Including however not restricted to file sorting, chart production, arranging of patient information, day-to-day entry of internal census info.
- Graduate Medical Office Program chose
- Medical Terminology Certificate needed – current related experience may be considered (should finish medical terms certificate)
- Meditech registration experience– Recent experience chosen
- Previous Switchboard/Admitting/Registration experience in a healthcare setting
- Good working understanding of MS Office (specifically Word and Excel) and experience with other software applications, especially hospital details systems
- Compliance with Privacy Legislation and Hospital Confidentiality requirements.
- Experience organizing patient health information with high degree of precision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities
- Capability to deal efficiently with the public, doctors and other health care specialists, in a respectful, enjoyable and professional manner
- Capability to work at a fast lane, separately and maintain strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize to satisfy deadlines
- Current knowledge of fundamental Accounts Receivable functions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Should have outstanding participation record
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute
- Satisfying efficiency and attendance needed
- Satisfying Reference Checks needed prior to start date
- Should supply a Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Need to finish a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including supplying evidence of complete COVID vaccination prior to being hired
Note: Candidates will be tested for qualifications described above.
Hours of Work: Availability for rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory vacations based on department schedule
Salary: As per UNIFOR Clerical salary grid
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume on BambooHR at the following link: https://whca.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by 4:00 pm on June 23, 2022.
INTERNAL applicants please use with your work email address.
EXTERNAL applicants are considered just after the internal posting process has actually been finished. Only candidates selected for an interview will be gotten in touch with.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital aims to develop a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon private request, the hospital will endeavour to get rid of any barrier to the employing process to accommodate those prospects with impairments.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is dedicated to offering and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful office for all employees, devoid of violence and harassment.