We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
The Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking is a professional responsible for building a portfolio within the market, researching and selecting businesses and industry sectors to present idea-based solutions to, and being the primary contact person for these commercial clients and prospects. The role utilizes an in-depth understanding of business tactics, the market environment, products and technologies, and clients’ aspirations to act as a financial advisor and thoroughly assess a company’s performance, potential, and risk to identify opportunities and develop creative, innovative solutions which are viewed as proactive by the client. The Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking supports the client’s planning processes including mergers, acquisitions and expansion, working with the team to originate new assignments by gaining a detailed understanding of the client’s business and industry. The role makes decisions on moderately complex issues that contribute to the client experience, connecting people and networks, drawing on the Bank’s broader team and supporting our community.
Location – Calgary
What You’ll Be Doing
You will develop new client relationships through business development activities, actively monitor and manage the relationship with the client, and structure, negotiate and document credit and cash management arrangements to deliver what matters to our clients and help them realize their goals. As a Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking (Independent Business), you will join CIBC to manage and grow a portfolio of agriculture & commercial banking clients by proactively developing new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients’ day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level.
How You’ll Succeed
- Relationship Building – Develop new client relationships through business development activities leveraging referral sources, existing clients and centers of influence. Actively monitor and manage these relationships by fully understanding our client’s goals, objectives and status of our clients business.
- Provide Solutions – Proactively assess client needs and propose solutions to deliver what matters to our clients by structuring, negotiating and documenting credit and cash management arrangements with clients and prospects that meet client needs.
- Collaborate – Work with internal partners to connect clients with opportunities and commit to building a profile in the local business community in order to leverage that profile into effective working relationships with new and existing clients and internal partners.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You have well-developed client and relationship management skills. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions.
- You can demonstrate experience in agriculture, commercial or business banking, proven business development skills, and a solid understanding of financial statements and account principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis.
- You have an established profile in the local agriculture or business community. You have knowledge of a diverse marketplace and needs of local businesses.
- You have a degree in Business, Finance, Agribusiness, Accounting, or a related field.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit