Relief Manager, Laundry Operations Positions (Yellowstone National Park Summer 2022)
Create memorable guest experiences. Join the Management team in Yellowstone National Park!
As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone we operate 2 comfortable lodging facilities during the winter months. Guest accommodations include both cabins and hotel-style rooms that range from rustic to modern. The Front Desk is often responsible for providing the first face-to-face impression to our guests and ensure they are given accurate and in-depth information about their accommodations and the park. Learn more about the Laundry department.
We have a Relief Management, Laundry Operations opening at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge’s Laundry facility. If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on:
- Start Date: July 2022
- End Date: October 2022
- Employment Type: Seasonal, Full time
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities ($XX per two-week pay period)
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram , TikTok , and Facebook !
Oversee the daily receiving and distribution tasks for the Old Faithful area laundry supply depot. This facility was stood up in response to the historic flooding in June of 2022, which destroyed the primary means for laundry transportation from Gardiner into the rest of the park. The depot, located in the basement of the Old Faithful Snowlodge, receives all clean laundry from Gardiner, distributes where needed, and collects and returns dirty laundry to the Gardiner facility. This is a relief role which is responsible for the facility on the lead manager’s off days, and fulfills other duties as assigned on days when the manager is present.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, training, coaching, and development.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improvement and improved working relationships.
- Manage production requirements to increase per hour measures and reduce labor expense.
- Provides effective training for all laundry staff in the areas of safety, job performance, and quality control.
- Provides continuous verbal performance feedback, coaching as needed for employee performance improvement. Completes documentation of coaching and disciplinary action in accordance with company policy. Provides written feedback using HIGs according to company policy.
- Works with the Production Manager, Wash Deck Lead, Distribution Manager, and Laundry Office Coordinator to ensure employees are meeting production standards and ensures that all areas in the laundry are operating effectively.
- Oversees the quality of linens produced by the laundry. Assists the Operations Manager in setting quality standards. Maintains daily tracking systems for rewash and discard.
- Conducts daily inspections of production areas to ensure cleanliness and organizational standards are met.
- Commitment to outstanding guest service.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet commitments on time.
- Business communication skills, including professional telephone manner and clear, concise, and professional written communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of company and laundry policies and procedures helpful.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards helpful.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park and properties helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Some in-park travel required.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to six hours per shift.
- Requires occasional climbing, crawling, and squatting/kneeling. Could total up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to push or pull items weighing up to 400 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to wear earplugs on a frequent basis. Could total up to 5 hours per day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran