Compugen is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated staff across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences.
If you are driven to make a difference, relentlessly curious and collaborative at the core, we’d love to talk to you. Join us and help us make a difference.
Compugen is seeking a Records and Information Management / Information Governance Consultant for a 6 month contract working remotely.
Under the direction of the Manager, Data Governance, our client is looking for a Records & Information Management (RIM) / Information Governance (IG) Consultant to provide technical, advisory, and analytical support to client’s RIM and Information Governance (IG) program. Initial scope of this position is to help build and develop an effective RIM and IG program in compliance with laws and rules applicable. Along with providing a critical role in the evolution and execution of records and information governance program, this position will also provide guidance on the privacy impact assessment for digitization projects.
- Evaluate and review client’s current information governance and records management program to improve efficiency and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide leadership, direction, planning, supervision, and overall management of client’s RIM and IG program.
- Assist to bridge the gap between RIM and IG strategy/policy and program implementation.
- Work with data governance team, IT, Claims, IT Security and the General Counsel to create, organize and document the processes with which data is collected, shared, utilized, protected, cleaned and stored
- Partner with Architecture, IT, RIM and other team members to implement advanced recordkeeping and information governance in Microsoft 365 or similar content management systems.
- Develop business classification scheme and records retention schedules in accordance to the Archives of Manitoba’s policies and procedures.
- Help recommend and implement improvements to interim and to-be processes for file digitization and electronic delivery to end users such as customers, brokers, and partners.
- Participate in strategic planning processes.
- Develop standards and framework for client’s records management and information governance practices
- Participate in the development of RIM/IG goals and objectives; develop tactical plans to achieve success and manages the tracking of progress and execution.
- Design and implement records management training, awareness and communications programs, plans and materials to facilitate records and information compliance.
- Communicate RIM/IG activities, vision, and principles to stakeholders to increase awareness of the importance of RIM/IG.
- Create, implement, and maintain records and information governance policies, procedures, processes, and retention schedules.
- Establish and promote organizational policies and practices to preserve and maintain vital records.
- Establish, implement, and maintain
- records management processes for the capture, classification, accessibility, protection, retention, and defensible disposition of records and information.
- Advise on operational and compliance responsibilities related to life cycle management of all information assets and long-term digital preservation.
- Gather, maintain, and report monthly statistics, key performance indicators, and metrics for evaluation, process improvement, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Contribute to the overall Microsoft 365 architecture, including assisting to configure retention rules, library names, case fields, email capture, and overall document management.
- Manage the information governance, records management, and eDiscovery components within Microsoft 365 Compliance Center.
- Provide guidance in ensuring compliance with the rules, laws, and reporting requirements applicable to client.
- Participate in and perform risk assessments and audits to ensure risks are identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, communications, public policy, political science, information/data sciences, legal studies, or a related field required.
Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years business experience, with demonstrated results in RIM and information governance. Insurance and public sector work experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
RIM related certifications preferred.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft 365 (E5-level license)
Advanced Compliance, eDiscovery and Information Governance preferred.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of physical and electronic records management theory and standards, relevant statutes and administrative rules, and technologies that enable effective records management.
- Working knowledge of insurance and law enforcement terminology.
- Working knowledge of concepts of records management including current laws, rules and regulations which govern the retention, dissemination, and disposition of police investigative records and related files.
- Proficiently communicate and provide customer service to a diverse group of individuals, including attorneys, other police agencies, courts, community service agencies, the public, and coworkers.
- Comprehend and follow ever-changing laws as they pertain to information management, such as the release of criminal history information.
- Working knowledge of the programs, policies and procedures, organization, and function of crown corporation.
- Experience in a project involving digitization projects.
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs