Rotary Driller Assistant Task Responsibilities:Provides semi-skilled labour
intensive assistance across a large spectrum of drilling operations in an effective and safe way. Operations might consist of core, sonic, rotary, or percussive drilling rig. This might consist of the operation of basic equipment/machinery. Accountable for general condition and getting optimum life out of all website equipment and tools, area of the collar of the hole, making sure proper positioning with front and back sites, offsets, depth and setting of the drill at the proper angle. May be responsible for the training of new drillers in a safe environment. Carries out studies according to the client.
* Comply with Boart Longyear’s Golden Rules and Rules of the Road.
* Complete and keep needed training updated, example; BITS, First Aid and assistance equipment.
* Demonstrate skills in appropriate common core modules.
* Report to work Fit for Duty.
* Work under the directions of a Driller or a Supervisor; Daily regular work is achieved with more or less direction depending upon the competency level of the worker.
* Perform, without supervision, tasks for which proficiency has been assessed and carry out other needed tasks under supervision.
* Perform all required jobs in a safe manner.
* Support the drilling operations: handle rods and drilling tools, gather and deal with samples, mix drilling fluids, carry out fundamental upkeep of tools and equipment, preserve supplies count, perform standard measurement and estimations, perform fundamental operator upkeep, and refuel vehicles and plant.
* Prepare for everyday drilling operations that includes taking part in PSI conferences and upcoming shift requirements.
Education and Experience:
Typically needs a High School diploma or GED or equivalent and/or a minimum of 0– 1 years of straight related experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Can you pass a drug/alcohol test including THC and criminal background check?
- Heavy Labour, Farm Hand, Construction, Mining or associated: 2 years (needed)
- Driver’s License (preferred)