Sales & Service Representative – Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Allied Mineral Products is a global refractory company and leading manufacturer of monolithic refractory products. We are seeking a talented and driven Sales & Service Representative in the Hamilton, Ontario area. This position is responsible for maintaining and expanding the sales of Allied Mineral Products’ refractory line to the integrated steel market. Applicants with the following skills, knowledge and experience will be given priority consideration:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical or business discipline is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of industrial sales or relevant work experience.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Sound understanding of materials, refractory and ceramic technical information.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to work well with engineers and operators to solve product related issues.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be a team player, possess high level of energy, and be self-motivated.
- Must have a practical approach to problem solving.
- Promote, introduce, demonstrate and obtain orders for Allied Mineral Products in the Hamilton, Ontario area.
- Maintain existing customer base and pursue new applications to maximize sales by working closely to maintain relationships with customers and sub-contractors based on trust, confidence and reliability.
- Expand customer base where possible by introducing new customers to existing Allied products and pursuing new applications to meet new customer needs.
- Assist AMTS (Allied Mineral Technical Services) as required with project work.
- Use all resources available at Allied in order to educate, motivate, troubleshoot, and service new and existing customers (Engineering Services Request, Precast Shape Requests, Product Services Request, AMTS and R&D requests).
- Oversee and/or supervise refractory installations to ensure quality.
- Assist management in the movement and location of service equipment and manpower in the planning of installations.
- Maintain and keep current records and customer files, customer orders and quote logs, trial sheets, installation reports, call books in an orderly and updated manner.
- Assist in developing and implementing a business strategy for the assigned market and assist in the preparation of the annual forecast for your sales territory.
- Submit weekly and bi weekly call reports and communicate effectively with senior management and home office.
- Follow all company rules and regulations.
- Responsible for managing invoicing.
- Follows Health and Safety protocols and training requirements.
Allied offers competitive wages, health, dental, STD, LTD, ESOP retirement plan, and profit sharing. Passing a drug screen is required to prior to starting work should an offer be made.
Allied Mineral Products Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Type: Full-time