Location: On-site, hybrid, or remote in Canada
Time Commitment: Full Time
Deadline: Applications received by 11:59pm (GMT), 23rd November, 2022 will be given full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that works with government, academia, not-for-profit organizations and health care industry partners to provide health economic, decision-analytic modelling, and health technology assessment services. Our mission is to inform coordinated, innovative, evidence-guided health policy and practice.
About the role
IHE is recruiting a Senior Principal Health Economist to provide leadership on projects across our portfolio of work. You will contribute to the design and conduct of economic evaluations across a wide range of topics and technologies. If appointed you will have the opportunity to contribute across areas of work including:
- Economic evaluations of mental health interventions,
- Infectious disease and vaccine economics,
- Development of guidance for the evaluation of digital health interventions,
- Pre-market early economic evaluations of non-drug technologies, and
- Health technology assessment.
You will also be involved in the development of new work by contributing to or leading proposals for new or existing partners, or applications to research funding bodies. IHE is a Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) eligible institution and opportunities are available to apply directly to CIHR for research funding.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop decision analytic models
- Mentor and coach junior staff
- Design and conduct economic evaluations
- Document results in presentations and written reports, journal manuscripts, and conference presentations
- Manage projects, timelines, budgets and staff
- Contribute to new business development through writing proposals for existing and new project sponsors or for submission to CIHR funding calls
- Contribute to the leadership and strategic planning of the health economics team
Qualifications and experience
- Masters or PhD in Health Economics or a related quantitative field
- Demonstrated leadership on projects, methods development, or teams
- Evidence of successful work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Five or more years post-qualification experience working in an analytical role in health economics or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
- Specialization by training or experience in health technology assessment, decision analytic modelling or cost-effectiveness analyses is an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian health care systems is an asset
We encourage candidates not to self-reject. If you are interested but do not possess all of the qualifications listed, please apply, as we are also recruiting at the Principal Health Economist level (see the listing here: https://www.ihe.ca/about/careers-awards/principal-health-economist).
What we offer
IHE offers a competitive package of salary, vacation time and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. IHE staff also receive dedicated professional development time and access to training opportunities. IHE is a highly collaborative collegial environment. We often face novel challenges, work with highly innovative health ecosystem partners, and have opportunities to impact health care delivery in Alberta, in Canada, and around the world.
We value diversity. Differences are appreciated and respected.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and CV/resume to ([email protected]).
For further enquiries or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Dr. Jeff Round ([email protected]).
For more information about the IHE, please visit www.ihe.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.