To perform skilled machine maintenance work on trucks and equipment while also performing manual work such as moving equipment, tools, and materials.
Work Environment: *
Jack Doheny Company, Inc. is a leader in the sales, service, rental and remanufacturing of new and used municipal and industrial utility equipment and vacuum/sewer cleaning equipment.
At Jack Doheny Company, Inc. our customers are our number one priority and will be always treated with the utmost respect. We believe that with a dynamic, committed and professional team, we can provide our customers with the best equipment and service possible to position our company for continued future growth.
Job Responsibilities: *
- Performs manual tasks such as carrying machine parts, tools, and materials to and from the job, lifts and holds parts
- Cleaning and sweeping up shop area, clean work areas, etc.
- Performs basic operation, diagnostics and repair of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Perform preventative maintenance on vacuum trucks, tractors, and trailers, and Electric Utility Equipment
- Cleans and washes equipment and machinery. Scrapes paint, grease and accumulated material from equipment and trucks
- Will perform routine oiling and greasing of maintenance shop equipment, use of handling and operating tools safely
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Prior diesel automotive experience
- Manual dexterity skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more infrequently
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Must have complete set of hand tools
- Experience with machinery and equipment
- Will stand, stoop, crouch, bend and climb short ladders repeatedly throughout the day
The Way We Work: *
- Work and accept responsibility to search for, create and execute new and innovative approaches to improve the performance of JDC’s services and objectives
- Assist external and internal customers to serve their needs and take responsibility for continuously improving customer service
- Foster meaningful interaction among people through the exchange of information to produce understanding
- Continuously develop and use effective strategies and interpersonal styles to engage and guide others towards the accomplishment of identified objectives and goals in the best interest of the JDC and its customers
- Consistently work toward the common good of the organization and encourage others to do the same
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professionally appropriate and respectful manner
The individual in this position will interact regularly with employees and managers in other departments and locations at Jack Doheny Company, Inc. Receiving and reacting to directions other than from your immediate supervisor will be required periodically. Conversely, there will be time when the person in this position must give direction to others.
Jack Doheny Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time