At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Who We Are
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Since our customers drive everything we do, we are searching for candidates whose core values reflect our dedication to outstanding service. As part of our team, we will support you on your journey in building a rewarding career while we work together to build exceptional networks for Canadians.
The Technology Strategy Organization conducts analysis as inputs to support leadership decision making. We provide insights and analysis on new technologies, evolution of our existing networks and ultimately, recommendations on how we spend our capital most efficiently and effectively and set up the business for future success.
What You Will Be Doing
You will work in a fast-paced environment on a small, agile team where you will collaborate with teams across the Technology organization and the company to understand new technologies, customer requirements and Government Regulation.
You will provide analysis of industry activity of competitors and peers and provide financial models that underpin the overall Technology strategy and operating plan.
- Create and maintain the financial models that underpin the overall Technology strategy and operating plan
- Create, as required, spend and benefit analysis for strategy initiatives
- Laisse with Technology finance, and planning teams to ensure Technology strategy is manifested within planning teams
- Monitor competitors and peers in the industry to understand their technology and geographical investments
- Compare RCI investments with that of others (competitors) and highlight areas of difference
- Identify the top priorities for study and development within the broader TD&A organization
- Key contributions to ELT/Board/CTO level PPT documents
- 3-5 Overall Technology Vision
Your Strengths and Experience
You are an excellent communicator and have an active interest and presence in the telecommunications and technology industries. You can lead and balance multiple projects at once with changing priorities and see it through to completion. You are a visionary with the ability to analyze data, develop a business case, and make recommendations for the organization on a 3+ year horizon. You are an analytical thinker focused on qualitative and quantitative data to project future vision for the organization.
Your Skills and Experience includes:
- 5 years experience in telecommunication industry and operations
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Strong communications (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills with experience delivering presentations to executive leadership
- Strong time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Advanced experience working within a financial budget and developing relationships with internal finance partners
- Experience working on projects with a 3-5 year vision
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Undergraduate degree in Applied Science(Electrical Engineering, Computer science preferred)
- Secondary degree or a Master’s degree is required (preferably an MBA)
- Bilingual English/French preferred
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 241654
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology