This is a flexible position and has the option of working in our Toronto office full time, hybrid throughout the week or working entirely remotely.
About the role:
As a Solutions Manager within the Product Management team, you will be responsible for Vena’s Pre-Configured Solutions and help create and define the short and long term Strategies of this initiative. Interfacing with Professional Services, Technology, Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing and Customer Success, you will help create, maintain, and integrate industry agnostic and specific use case solutions, to improve and evolve Vena’s current Pre-Configured Solutions offering.
The key metrics that will demonstrate success in your role will be:
- Increased inbound closed deals for all Pre-Configured Solutions
- Improved Implementation Times (Time To Value) on project implementations
- Enhanced collaboration with internal teams and partners
To thrive in this role, you bring excellent communication and analytical skills, an accounting or financial planning background, proven technical aptitude for building robust client facing solutions, high attention to detail, and most importantly, a passion for operational excellence and collaboration with cross-functional peers.
What you will do:
- Solution Research & Design: Assist in the research, design and development of new industry and use case solutions (Professional Services, Banking, Higher Education, Account Reconciliation, etc.).
- Solution Development: Lead the solution development and testing effort to further evolve Vena’s FP&A solution library (templates, data models and ETLs continuous enhancements).
- Solution Architecture: Help build a modular infrastructure for future Pre-Configured solutions by working with Product Managers and the Professional Services team.
- Solution Operations: Maintain architecture between Demo, Development, and Production environments, and own the backlog for improvements and enhancement requests.
- Go to Market: Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to help them bring Pre-Configured Solutions to market. Support the Professional Services team with well written technical articles and directions for easy roll out and implementation.
- Internal PM liaison: Act as a Subject Manager Expert with Platform Product Managers to ensure that product changes reflect the best interest of our customers and partners.
- Continuous improvement: Liaise with Professional Services and Pre-Sales experts to identify and document areas of enhancements for existing solutions.
- Implementation Enablement: Manage and/or coordinate the development of solution enablement content with the Professional Services group, deliver ad-hoc solution training, and assist consultants on the field to ensure that they have full visibility on Pre-Configured Solutions.
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years of experience in corporate FP&A or Accounting (CPA or CFA designations are a plus) or in the Finance or operational planning landscape
- Excel proficiency is a must
- You have a passion for software and technology solutions that handle complex data streams in a user-friendly way
- You are a “doer” and get things done
- You are a self starter with the ability to instill confidence in your audiences
- Technical architecture of complex Finance applications doesn’t scare you
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Strong attention to detail and high accountability on assigned work streams
- Exposure to multiple cloud accounting software (Sage Intacct, NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, Great Plains, QuickBooks Online etc.) is a plus
- Exposure to the CPM industry (understanding of the OLAP system and relational database) and other technologies such as SQL queries is a plus
- 1+ years of experience using or implementing solutions with the Vena platform is a plus
Not checking every box?
Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Vena is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Vena.
Why choose Vena?
- Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 180+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2021!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, all interviews will be conducted using Zoom. As we continue to monitor the situation and follow public health guidelines, our commitment to ensuring the safety and health of our employees, customers, candidates and community around the world remains a top priority. We will continue to offer flexible working arrangements that include working remotely or on site with proper safety and health measures in place.
Vena celebrates the differences that make us all unique and strives to make our workplace accessible however we can.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please specify your requirements to email@example.com when submitting your application and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
We incorporate accessible practices into all of our internal roles and invite others to join us in our ongoing efforts. Find out more at www.venasolutions.com/va11y
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Vena Solutions are considered property of Vena Solutions and are not subject to payment of agency fees. To be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Vena Solutions, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by Vena Solutions and an active working relationship with the company. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search.