At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you are part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The role of Specialist Solution Management will provide technical and/or functional subject matter expertise (SME) to other team members and will coordinate / provide direction to other IT stakeholders involved in maintaining the integrity and evolution of the products he/she/they is accountable for. They will ensure those products do perform within the agreed upon service level agreement, are aligned to IT Standards (Security, Architecture, etc), meet our support excellence standards and are kept current at all time. This role acts as first escalation contact during problem resolution and will keep business stakeholders informed on progress.
On life cycle and product evolution management activities (enhancements), this role evaluates impacts to the products under their responsibilities and will provide direction and coordination to teams involved in product.
- Triage application issues. May involve supporting teams to resolve issues or coordinating with third party vendors or other internal parties. Ensure that issues are resolved, perform root cause analysis, and take any further action to ensure issue does not reoccur.
- Coordinate system and application changes. These could be changes within the application affecting other areas, or outside the application that will affect target application. Ensure all parties are involved and prepared for application changes, ensure quality assurance testing is performed, and required approvals are obtained.
- Point of contact for lifecycle initiatives and the coordination of testing required
- Interact and with third party vendors, and business owners, on changes, priorities, critical periodic processes, etc.
- Ensure interfaces with other applications are functional.
- Ensure security and confidential information is protected from inside and outside access.
- Ensure Service Management and Service Level processes and metrics are tracked and reported.
- Participate in transition to core activities for new projects
- On-call support
- Bachelor in Computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with high proficiency in English
- Able to communicate with all levels of the company
- Ability to lead others in results achievement
- Ability to share and collaborate within team (knowledge sharing)
- Ability to multi-task in a constantly evolving environment and maintain a well-organized work environment
Experience & Requirements
- 5+ years of knowledge in the configuration, application support and management of production systems
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP – ECC (example: one or more of the following: FI, PM, MM, HCM or other SAP related experience)
- A strong understanding of SAP infrastructure and technical environment
- Availability outside of working hours for escalation during problem investigation/resolution
- Experience with managing vendor performance
- Experience in a 24/7 support environment
- Experience in large SAP environment
- ITIL certification (ITIL Foundations 2011)
- Experience in system documentation and application of structured systems engineering processes
- Pressure to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Available for first escalation/ on-call
- Respond to emergency situations including some overtime and after hours work
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.