The Pet Valu family of stores includes Pet Valu, Paulmac’s Pet Food, Bosley’s, Tisol and Total Pet and together we are one of the largest retail operations in North America devoted to supplying families with food and products for canines, felines, companion birds, wild birds, fish, reptiles and little animals.
All of our stores are dedicated to assisting regional animals in requirement, and we partner with regional shelters, rescues and charities for adoption events, in-store adoption (select shops just) and family pet food bank programs, in addition to through our national donation drives and fundraising campaigns.
At Pet Valu, we’re Pet Experts, and we’re pet enthusiasts, too.
As a Store Manager you will coach and establish your store team to provide world class service to all consumers and assist Pet Parents discover the right nutrition and other options for their animals. You will belong to a team of enthusiastic Pet Experts, and enjoy the benefits of helping Pet Parents every day. If you are enthusiastic about learning and growing with among the leading family pet retailers in North America, this position is for you!
What you get:
- Management training
- Product understanding
- Pet oriented career-building environment
What you do:
- Customers/Community ensure that all client service standards are met by personnel; keep courteous relationships within the neighborhood (e.g. Humane society)
- Manage a team of employees consisting of however not restricted to recruiting, scheduling, training, day-to-day task of jobs, supervision and coaching
- Operational Standards/Procedures ensure that all staff comply with the requirements and treatments set at the business operations level
- Administrative activities coordinate order placements, preserve suitable stock, ensure that store audits and security audits are completed, coordinate minor shop repairs, complete various corporate documents
- Business Results coordinate efforts of shop personnel to attain targeted outcomes
- Other duties and jobs as needed
What you bring:
- Minimum of 2 years customer service and retailer management experience
- Enthusiasm for learning & & development in family pet care market
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong client service abilities
- Ability to work as scheduled to satisfy attendance requirements, that include weekends and nights
- Ability to have trusted means of transportation to and from the shop
- Observe and coach workers to offer feedback around sales techniques and supplying outstanding customer support
- Capacity for comprehending inter-team disputes and intensifying when needed
- Working understanding of POS system
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Industry experience a possession