Date Posted: 07/29/2022
Req ID: 26293
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
Department: Engineering Career Centre – Professional Experience Year
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00049635
The Engineering Career Centre (ECC) connects University of Toronto students with meaningful professional experiences that provide a solid foundation for successful careers and life-long learning. In addition to hosting a wide range of professional development workshops, events and services throughout the year, the ECC team connects engineering students with a wide range of industry and work-integrated learning opportunities. As passionate and career-driven academic professionals, the ECC team seeks to nurture students and provide a comfortable transition from academic to professional life.
Our leadership team provides an open, professional environment that fosters a culture built on respect, goal orientation, self-motivation, accountability, and teamwork. We believe in recognizing and valuing our employee’s contributions to the advancement of the department’s goals while promoting a strong commitment to work-life balance among our employees.
Under general direction of the Director, Student Development & Career Programming, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation and facilitation of preparatory programming for co-opstudents. The incumbent will support and advise students to develop key competencies and skills that will support their success in recruitment processes and the workplace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising and coaching students on the selection of appropriate work-integrated learning opportunities
- Advising and coaching students on work search strategies and skills, interview skills and/or performance, developing career-related goals
- Promoting programming, student needs and interests to employers and industry contacts
- Facilitating educational workshops and seminars
- Keeping well-informed on the various psychological, personal and informational factors involved in comprehensive career development approaches
- Developing content for marketing and/or promotional materials
- Handling expenses for events
- Keeping well-informed on labour market, occupational and educational trends
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years recent and relevant experience facilitating and presenting workshops
- Experience coaching and advising individuals on employment or career development strategies
- Ability to utilize technology, including social media, as an education tool
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of career services and campus recruiting
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and the promotions of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment
- Experience working with post-secondary students in a university environment
- Experience or knowledge with engineering jobmarkets
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Goal oriented
- Team player
Closing Date: 08/12/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 – $67,659 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $86,523. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Student Services
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.