Yellowstone National Park Lodges has an objective to improve recycling by 3% each year. We presently recycle or compost 60% of waste, which is more than double the nationwide average. In 2015, thanks to the efforts of recyclers and staff, we kept 3,391,920 pounds out of the landfill, rather sending them to end up being new products. These important positions enable Yellowstone workers to live their values by keeping materials out of landfills and helping sustain the world for future generations. Discover more about the Sustainability department.
At this time, we are needing proof of vaccination status or an approved medical or religious exemption in compliance with Presidential Executive Order 14042, which needs the Company to make sure that every employee who operates in connection with a federal agreement is completely immunized or has an approved medical or spiritual exemption. Proof of vaccination status should be provided prior to start date. Exemption demands must be sent at least 4 weeks prior to start date to enable sufficient time for processing.
- Position Type: Seasonal
- Start Date: April 2022 – October 2022
- Arrange: Varies– ~40+ hours per week, may consist of nights, weekends and holidays
- Location: Throughout park: (Canyon, Gardiner, Grant, Lake, Old Faithful)
Perks & & Benefits In-park
- real estateprovided including Wi-Fi (minimal bandwidth), laundry, and all energies ($45.74 per two-week pay duration)
- All mealssupplied including breakfast, lunch, and supper ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- Meals and housing expenses go through change
- No Wyoming state taxessubtracted from your income
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, equipment rentals, seminars, home entertainment, games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a genuine enthusiasm for the environment, and delight in crafting unforgettable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the main authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are happy stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
See Yourself Here
By submitting your application for employment, we are pleased to inform you that you will automatically be gotten in for a chance to win $200 Amazon Gift Card! Please click here if you wish to read the Official Rules.
Applicants for a Sustainability task will be considered for the following positions, based on skill level:
Risk and Sustainability Specialist
- Should have instructional or professional experience in the Sustainability, Environmental Health and Safety, and/or Risk Management fields.
- Outstanding written and spoken interaction abilities; build productive relationships by favorably engaging with coworkers and visitors.
- Execute ISO 14001 standards consisting of posts, signs, and training.
- Deal with other departments to guarantee worker orientations and trainings are carried out in accordance with policy. Coordinate examination programs and carry out walkthrough and visual evaluations of danger and sustainabiity audits.
- Help with occasions (beautificiation days, educational actrivities and competitions). Promote employee reward programs.
- Assist recyclers when needed.
- Accountable for guaranteeing effective collection of all recyclable products for the assigned location; arranging recyclable materials from unrecyclable products.
- Ooperation of cardboard balers, glass crushers, and can crushers and safe operation of baling devices.
- Keep recycling locations to sanitation and resource management standards.
- Help inform personnel on correct recycling treatments.
- Deal with the Sustainability Department to evaluate waste management chances, improve effectiveness of diversion programs and carry out program changes as needed.
Lead Recycler (Positions Filled)
- Provide training to and guidance of less knowledgeable Location Recycling Technician(s).
- Provide direct feedback to department managers on recycling processes and efficiency using existing company assistance and a collaborative, instructional method.
- Assure efficient collection of all recyclable materials for the appointed area and sort recyclable materials from unrecyclable materials.
- Responsible for the operation of cardboard balers, glass crushers, and can crushers and safe operation of baling devices.
- Assist inform staff on proper recycling procedures.
- Deal with the Sustainability Department to assess waste management chances, enhance effectiveness of diversion programs and execute program modifications as required.
- Must be least 21 years of age and have a legitimate U.S. driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam.
- DOT roadway test – needed on place.
- Able to raise, push or pull bins with weights of 50-100 pounds daily
- Stand and bend throughout an 8-hour shift
- Knowledge of or interest in discovering recyclable materials, processing methods and collection systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All certified candidates will receive factor to consider for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, national origin, special needs or veteran status.