As a System Administrator at Ceryx you will be part of our core Information Technology Systems team and report to the Manager of Information Technology Systems. Your primary role will be focused as a SharePoint subject matter expert. You will participate in the design, planning, testing, deployment, management and support of increasingly large and complex messaging and collaboration solutions hosted in various Ceryx collocated Data Centers, third party IaaS/SaaS clouds and customer on premise sites. The environments include multi-tenant and dedicated designs focusing primarily on Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Skype for Business applications.
A successful candidate will have experience working for large enterprises or service providers. They are able to work well without direct supervision in either a team or alone. They are comfortable working with and learning many different products and technologies in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Research new and existing technologies to increase operational efficiency, performance and value to company stakeholders.
- Tier 3 technical support for internal and external parties.
- Design complex application solutions primarily based on Microsoft technologies (SharePoint, Skype for Business and Exchange).
- Perform technical documentation and environment assessments as well as remediation planning.
- Deploy, maintain and optimize technical environments.
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, compute, storage and networking.
- Open and manage support cases with external parties (product vendors, service providers and manufacturers).
- Research, test and deploy new applications, software patches/updates and features. Ensure conformance with Ceryx operating guidelines and customer commitments.
- Create and maintain Ceryx documentation, diagrams and procedures.
- Utilize Change Control software to plan and manage changes to existing environments.
- Manage and report on assigned projects, tasks and support cases.
- Communicate status updates with changes, issues and projects with internal and external parties.
- Some travel, after-hours and on-call work may be required.
The desired candidate for this role will have already gathered the following essential skills and qualifications;
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Management is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Senior SharePoint Administrator with proven ability to implement enterprise level Intranet and Internet SharePoint solutions.
- Must be experienced with analysis, design, and development of enterprise SharePoint environments.
- Must have expert knowledge in different versions of SharePoint, with regard to key features, management of farms, integration with other tools, debugging techniques, and best practices for architecture and solution implementations.
- Must have experience with basic administration tasks for SQL Server and hands-on experience with IIS, Active Directory and Windows Server.
- Must have outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex situations and respond quickly to provide options and action plans to solve the problem.
- Working knowledge of Hardware, Network and Storage layers.
- PowerShell/Scripting experience from an automation context.
- Experience working with HTML.
- Credible and professional presence; ability to interact effectively with clients and team members.
- Must have experience successfully coordinating with internal and external customers, vendors, and organizations to complete tasks.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Office 365 experience a plus.
- Experience in a Service Provider environment a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and reference System Administrator – SharePoint in the Subject Line. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Ceryx is equal opportunity employer.