theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penn National Gaming, empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa and the company’s home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
Typical Workday at theScore
- Lead the full product & platform lifecycle – from ideation, design, requirements definition, through to delivery – collaborating with teams across the organization.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class developers.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the team, using tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Work with the team to deliver value to the product development teams through internal tooling, education, and documentation.
- Coordinate release cycle of internal tools and manage cross team dependencies.
- 5+ years of experience in product management in a technical environment.
- Background in Computer Science, Business, IT, or related field.
- Have an understanding of the various components in a backend system, including microservices, databases, and messaging systems.
- Experience communicating across diverse cultures, work styles, and personalities.
- Experience creating wire-frames, basic designs, and product specifications.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and driven.
Nice To Haves
- Previous start-up, consumer mobile and/or consulting experience is a strong asset.
- Experience with monitoring tools like DataDog, Splunk, and Prometheus.
- Hands on experience with programming or server management.
- Comfortable using the command line.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Parental Leave top-up
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.