Crowe Soberman LLP is more than one of Canada’s premier independent chartered professional accounting firms. We are a group of passionate people, delivering meaningful results to our clients. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our team as a Technician.
This Technician will be responsible for completing basic accounting tasks while in service of our clients. The incumbent must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Preparation and completion tax returns for engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Senior Manager/Manager/Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination and preparation of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
- Preparation of correspondence and assessment filings for personal and corporate tax returns to be approved by supervisor.
- Preparation of any adjustments required for personal tax returns and/or HST filings.
- Utilize broker statements to summarize client investment activity
- Following-up with appropriate government agencies on questions relating to assessments, HST, business numbers, applications for income security programs (CPP,OAS, GIS) etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Previous experience with accounting programs including Caseware, Caseview an asset
- Previous experience with TaxPrep or a similar tax program an asset
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer and other business).
- Highly organized
- Positive attitude and flexible
- Problem Solving
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Written and oral Communication
- Client Service
This is a remote or hybrid position – You are welcome to work from where you work best!
Our office is located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, we offer a convenient office location that is accessible by public transit for this permanent full-time remote/hybrid role. We offer a competitive compensation package that is commensurate with your experience. To apply for this position, and to learn more about our Firm, please visit us at www.crowe.com/ca/crowesoberman.
If you do not have all of the required skills and experience, but still feel like you would be a great fit for the role, please do not hesitate to apply.
Crowe Soberman LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all people, including but not limited to women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process, please let us know if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to be vaccinated and masked to come into the office. We have all safety protocols in place, including social distanced desks.
- DCS / DEC (preferred)