At Aecon, we’re building the future and our people are at the heart of whatever we do. We’re constantly looking for exceptional talent to work on our amazing and ever-expanding job portfolios. We are concentrated on being the # 1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first option employer in our industry.
Wish to work at Aecon? Aecon is well-positioned in the Canadian marketplace as a market leader in the development and building and construction of infrastructure. We have a roster of continuous major tasks here and abroad, record backlog diversified across multiple sectors and duration, and a robust pipeline of future job pursuits. We remain in a strong market position, but we are eventually intending higher.
We aim to be the partner-of-choice for end-to-end delivery of integrated Urban Transportation Systems. Our reputation for providing prompt, safe and trusted systems is bringing us there. Our multi-disciplinary, ingenious teams have a reputation of excellence for tasks in Canada and abroad. Reporting to the Senior Director – Pre Construction, the Track Project Manager is responsible for keeping an eye on tasks from the bid phase through to acceptance. In this role, you will carry out project/program management activities (defining scheduling, spending plan, danger, change, opportunity and resource management activities). You will also supervise, direct and inspire the project group throughout planning, estimating, design, installation, launch, commissioning and turnover of assigned tasks.
- Accountable for ensuring all construction job management activities are effectively executed
- Transition to building, keeps an eye on construction infrastructure and vital path
- Developing and keeping job budget
- Enforces modification procedures
- Establishes schedule and staffing plans
- Negotiates and performs agreements and arrangements in a prompt and cost-effective manner
- Chairs job management meetings with a focus on the best results for Aecon
- Makes sure all job reporting is precise and timely
- Oversees testing, quality, and security
- Handles client and vendor relationship
- Project threats and problems are logged and managed
- Ensures all task close-out activities are completed in a prompt manner
- Shows business acumen to safeguard earnings and enhance margins
- Organization advancement, consisting of participation in costing and approximating activities and risk analysis
- Financial forecasting and adding to production of earnings targets
- Overseeing procurement consisting of materials and subcontractors
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Post-secondary education in engineering, construction management, or comparable discipline
- 5– 10 years track building and construction experience from site-based roles
- Experience in managing little groups and sub-contractors
- Experience in performing danger assessments consisting of mitigating risks in style
- Demonstrated capability to breakdown and plan large/ intricate construction phases
- General understanding of Track and heavy civil building and construction approaches.
- In addition, candidates will be required to show deep technical job management proficiency and understanding of regulatory requirements in several of Aecon’s operating markets (Nuclear, Utilities, Rail)
- Preference for P.Eng classification. A degree or diploma in company management is also an asset.