POSITION: Travel Consultant
Merit Travel is looking for a result driven individual who is eager to start a career in Travel! The ideal candidate will possess superb people skills, love sales and building relationships but most of all would love to sell Travel.
What does the job entail? As a Travel Consultant you will become a travel expert (if you aren’t one already), provide world class customer service and meet and exceed monthly sales targets by bringing new innovative ideas to the sales role and tailoring each experience to our client’s needs.
Why should you apply to Merit? As we continue our rapid growth, we are dedicated to hiring and retaining top talent in the travel industry by fostering everyone’s unique skills. If you have a passion for travel, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Proactively network in and outside community to gain new business and build profitable client base
- Advise clients about a variety of destinations, travel dates, financial considerations and accommodations by demonstrating expert product and service knowledge about all things travel
- Maintain an inviting and efficient working environment representative of the Merit brand especially when meeting with clients
- Sell travel services such as custom-built itineraries (domestic/international air travel, rail, hotel, car rentals, cruises etc.) to individuals, families, groups, and commercial accounts
- Continuously follow up with existing clients to establish loyal client base
- Stay on top of all trends within the travel industry, follow and read industry magazines, travel blogs etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
Must have a passion for travel, you have a desire to learn about travel, explore new destinations every year and talk to everyone you know about the adventures you experience. In other words, even though you may have limited experience in the industry, you are eager to dive in!
- Must be comfortable and confident in approaching clients to discuss our brand and products beyond the confines of the office
- You have a can-do attitude, sense of urgency and are driven by results
- Experienced with Client Linq, Amadeus, and Microsoft Office 365
- Proven track record of sales and customer service from past work experience
- Must show commitment to the role and be reliable
- Customer Service Excellence is at your core! You enjoy giving advice and problem solving to make sure they have the best experience and a stress-free vacation
- You are adaptable, love to work with a diverse group of individuals and can be flexible to meet business needs
- You are able to effectively and professionally communicate with those around you, whether it be on the phone, over email or in person
- You are excellent at multi-tasking but are meticulous and know how to maintain high attention to detail and accuracy of reporting
- Ability to adapt and be a fast learner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible work hours to include weekends and industry events etc.
- Working experience in Travel & Tourism or Hospitality industries is considered an asset
- TICO Certified
If you are looking for an opportunity to reach your FULL potential in the travel industry, meet with us to see why we’re different and what we can offer you!
To Apply: Tell us who you are and why you are a good fit for the Merit Travel Team!
*We appreciate all applicants however only selected candidates will be contacted.*
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
- Travel and Tourism: 1 year (preferred)
- Client Linq, Amadeus: 1 year (preferred)
- TICO Certification (preferred)