Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager you will be the clerical, receptionist, and communication support, which includes facilitating staffing and scheduling needs for the department. You will also protect and promote the patient’s right to privacy, confidentiality and dignity. You may be scheduled at the General or Birchmount hospital based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (testing will be administered)
- Medical terminology (testing will be administered)
- Knowledge of Meditech Payroll and Order Entry
- Experience in filing (testing will be administered)
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Effective telephone skills, with the clear and concise diction
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Previous clerical experience in a healthcare
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers