Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, reduce the carbon emissions of their supply chains, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions.
Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Reporting to the EVP of Product Management, we are looking for Vice President, Product Marketing to join our team. You will take charge of developing our go-to-market strategy while working hand in hand with Product Managers, Sales, and Marketing leadership to identify and establish cross-sell opportunities for our content and solutions.
What’s in it for you
- A high degree of independence to take action. You will be part of a supportive, collaborative relationship with the EVP, Product Management. With an incredible amount of trust and confidence in your leadership, you will be able to experiment and implement the structure to enhance product marketing taking our success to the next level.
- A chance to make your mark. This is an opportunity to join the leadership of a Canadian organization transforming logistics. You will get to make a broad and deep impact positioning our products to further our growth across all five pillars of business at a $6 billion global company.
- The opportunity to make a company-wide impact. You will be in a strategic position to interact with nearly all areas of the business, lending your expertise through collaboration with various departments. You will have the freedom to lead your team of product marketing professionals towards meeting company goals in your own way, carving out this role within Descartes’s wider operational framework.
- Develop our go-to-market plan. You will identify the target market and audiences of our solutions, and develop a strategy to effectively reach them in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Improve and train on our value proposition. You will continually work with the sales team to build on materials that perfectly encapsulate our value proposition. You will oversee the training of the team, educating them on the said value proposition for the solutions we offer.
- Build market segmentation programs. You will collaborate with the marketing team to analyze various target market groups and create segmentation plans for them.
- Work closely with industry specialists. You will connect with the relevant professionals in the logistics and software solution space to collect information that will be applied to the decision-making within the company.
- Represent Descartes. As our external liaison within the logistics software solutions field, you will speak for us in our hosted seminars, events, trade shows, and press briefings. You will also promote our interests within the relevant regulatory, trade, and industry bodies.
Who you are – and what you want.
- You have grit over grades, a depth of real-business-world experience, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity to learn the business. You have progressive experience and ownership in product marketing and can understand how to integrate target market needs into the production and delivery process.
- You have been here and done it before; you have the scars to prove it, along with the understanding of how to make it work your way. You want to make a mark for yourself and have it reflected in the seamless, outstanding results stemming from strategic product marketing.
- You are a seasoned leader, with at least five years of leadership experience. You have a genuine desire to get into the details, work beside the team, and make a difference. You want to make a material difference and thrive in a highly independent, entrepreneurial environment.
- You want to take ownership of the product marketing function, applying proven insights and industry-leading best practices to take it to the next level. You have a proven track record building or scaling a cross functional team and their scope. To us, that’s more important than domain knowledge, but exposure to logistics or supply chain management would be an asset.
Making an Impact
We succeed when our customers succeed so, for us, results are everything. Descartes’ logistics and supply chain solutions help automate, streamline and secure the flow of goods and information in ways that result in a significant positive impact on the environment. In 2020, we helped our customers save over 552 thousand metric tons of CO2, 1.86 billion sheets of paper, and 727 million liters of fuel.
Descartes has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
Network | Applications | Intelligence| Innovation
Our cloud-based solutions improve logistics and supply chain productivity, performance, and security. Descartes’ Logistics Technology Platform innovatively combines the world’s most expansive logistics network with the industry’s broadest array of logistics management applications and most comprehensive offering of global trade related intelligence.
Network: The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ manages the real-time flow of commercial, logistics, customs and product information. It spans more than 160 countries and connects hundreds of thousands of organizations in logistics and transportation, manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, ecommerce and business services.
Applications: Customers use our modular, cloud-based applications to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes
Intelligence: Our global trade intelligence solutions and services enable organizations to work smarter by making better, data -driven business and supply chain decisions.
Innovation: We’re focused on transforming new ideas and feedback from our customers and in-house domain experts into real-world innovations. New developments in the areas of IoT, machine learning, AI and analytics are enhancing the ability of our solutions to solve problems and process more information in new and complex ways.
Today’s supply chains are more connected, complex and moving faster than ever. To meet this challenge, Descartes is leading digital transformation for companies of all sizes. We invite you to join our epic journey.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology.
We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a team focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis