Warehouse Associate (Afternoon Shift – Monday to Friday) 6 month contract (
As a leading partner in healthcare, Medline Canada’s sole purpose is Together Improving Lives – this means being deeply committed to the health and well-being of our customers, employees, partners and our communities. We employ a diverse group of top talent focused on growing and making a difference in the lives of Canadians, coast-to-coast.
Compensation is only one part of the Employee Value Proposition that Medline Canada offers our employees. As part of our mission, we offer one of the most competitive and engaging employee experience programs in Canada, which includes:
- Collaborative work environment with highly engaged employees
- Annual Employee Appreciation Week
- Career growth and training programs
- Open communication with Senior Leaders
- Employee referral program
- Recognition programs
- Social activities
- And much more…
We are currently hiring several Warehouse Associates for our new distribution centre in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Afternoon Shift – Monday to Friday: 4:00 PM – 12:00 AM
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates activities surrounding the warehouse operations
- Unpack, inspect, sort and put stock away in appropriate locations
- Ensure pallets and shelving units are in good working conditions
- Pick customer orders for shipment and ensure accuracy by picking the correct number and type of product.
- Pick and pack orders in an accurate and efficient manner
- Organize stock and maintain inventories
- Perform daily inspection of forklift prior to use
- Maintain safety compliance when operating material handling equipment
- Report any unsafe work conditions that may occur
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year of recent distribution or warehouse experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience using RF scanner or manual picking preferred but not required
- Required to operate material handling equipment – licensed with any one of the following forklifts
- Counter Balance, Raymond Reach, Order (Cherry) Picker, or Dock Stocker (Reach experience preferred)
- Excellent work ethic and a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to lift heavy objects to 50 LBS
- SAP background preferred but not required
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications
About Medline Canada
Medline Canada stands at the forefront of healthcare, providing expertise and a breadth of solutions for every care setting. With 550+ employees, including 100 dedicated sales and clinical professionals and eight distribution centres located coast-to-coast, Medline Canada is proud to serve the entire continuum of care.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity
Medline Canada is committed to diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Our commitment to Accessibility
Medline Canada is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We endeavor to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.