Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6,500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Workplace Strategist – Change Management works with clients and organizations to deliver solutions that produce meaningful change, promote innovation and collaboration within the work environment. Working closely with the client organizations, the Strategist implements solutions that aim to align the work environment and work practices with organizational business goals and objectives at the site, campus and portfolio levels. Solutions can be inclusive of early consultation & engagement, the “business case for change” and the development and roll out of change management programs. The Workplace Strategist should have experience working experience in the areas of change management, communications and facilitation.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Engagement & Change Management
- Contributes to or conducts needs and impact assessments, gap identification, and development of change management plans & strategies.
- Identify stakeholders & project contributors impacted by the project.
- Work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify change impacts & interventions.
- Deploys evaluations, monitor feedback and make recommendations for future changes to program implementation.
- Identifies change-related barriers and resistance and implements solutions.
- Consider the change impacts related to the analysis of employee survey data & workshop outputs in the development of change interventions.
- Collaborates with the Workplace Learning Specialist to perform project administration; communicate information to learners, generates reports, etc.
- Consult with clients to conduct change readiness & change risk assessments.
- Assists organizations with the implementation of alternative workplace strategies in alignment with corporate and business unit objectives including integrating and managing workplace outcomes with business and financial targets. Establishing integrated workplace requirements, including supporting the sustainable delivery of change for the business.
- Acts as the primary contact and project lead for small to medium mandates and provides direction and reviews work of other team members as required to ensure timely, successful implementation of projects & initiatives.
- Supports the change management activities in the projects.
- Collaborates with client account teams and project managers to deliver project excellence.
- Develops and maintains project schedule and budget to ensure it is in line with the approved mandate for small to medium projects.
- Leads project meetings to define key goals and objectives for small to medium projects.
- Leads milestone meetings with internal / external team members and project stakeholders for small to medium projects.
Training & Facilitation
- Adapts workshops and training material aligned to the project change management plan.
- Facilitate workshops with project team, people managers and employee groups (classroom and virtual classroom) and deliver in Train-the-Trainer activities.
- Identifies work styles, employee and space barriers to productivity and overall attitude towards change.
- Ability to maintain and build client relationships and support the management of key client accounts (where appropriate) with a pipeline of work over-time.
- Assists with business development opportunities such as scope definition, and proposal development.
- Creates comprehensive and compelling communication related to change within the workplace.
- Develops communication products designed to help employees understand preliminary design concepts, program requirements and recommended work settings.
- Contributed to TFMS thought leadership in the area of workplace strategy through knowledge sharing, participation and facilitation to help evolve the workplace, people within it and the technologies used.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of current change management methodologies. Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in change management and/or corporate workplace experience, including experience in a leadership role.
- Post-secondary education and/or professional certification (CTDP, Adult Education, Instructional Design, PROSCI, ACMP, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple small and medium to large projects.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,), Adobe Acrobat, MS Project Experience working on large project teams
- Excellent facilitation skills (virtual & instructor led).
- Experience working in workplace transformation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience delivering workshops & communication to executive audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Service driven.
- 5-10 years of diverse experience with workplace strategy services including any or all of the following: workplace strategy development, space programming, space planning, real estate scenario planning, space standards, user research, site and lease evaluation, growth projections, test fit analysis, and industry benchmarking.
- Ability to synthesize and coalesce information from multiple inputs and sources into clear, cohesive workplace strategies and relevant space programs.
- Proven track record of innovative ideas: drawing insights from users and trends, creating frameworks, expressing compelling solutions and communicating to inform decision making.
- Experience presenting to senior leadership and executives.
- Possess outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Work experience with networked teams across a broad geographic area.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success building, nurturing and fostering existing and new client relationships.
- Ability to read drawings, create and design using AutoCAD.
- 3D rendering and proficiency with Revit would be an asset.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Working towards a CTDP designation or
- Working towards PROSCI, ACM or CCMP certification
BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
BGIS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome you to apply for a position with us! If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us at askHR. Upon request for accommodation, we will consult with the applicant in question and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
BGIS est un employeur qui respecte l’égalité des chances et nous vous invitons à postuler pour un poste chez nous ! Si vous avez besoin d’un accommodement pendant le processus de recrutement, veuillez nous contacter à askHR. En cas de demande d’accommodement, nous discuterons avec le candidat en question et fournirons, ou ferons en sorte de fournir, un accommodement approprié d’une manière qui tiendra compte des besoins d’accessibilité du candidat en fonction de son handicap.